The 6th Annual Hunahpu’s Day® Release Party is set for Saturday, March 14th, 2015 at Cigar City Brewing. This will also be the 4th time Hunahpu’s Day® has been featured for Tampa Bay Beer Week.
In Mayan mythology, Hun Hunahpu was the father of the Mayan hero twins Hunahpu and Xbalanque. Hun Hunahpu, along with his brother Vucub Hunahpu, was tricked by the Dark Lords of the underworld and slain. Hun Hunahpu’s corpse morphed into a cacao tree, his head becoming a cacao pod, which in typically awesome mythology fashion, spit upon the hand of a young maiden named Xiquic who promptly became pregnant with the hero twins. The twins would ultimately grow up to avenge their father and uncle and defeat the Dark Lords and ascend to the heavens to become the moon and sun.
We brew Hunahpu’s® Imperial Stout once a year and release it only at the brewery. We will continue to do so until the end of the cycle.
“Pours extremely dark in color with a brown head with notes of big chocolate and espresso, moderate notes of vanilla and cinnamon and a mild tinge of tobacco and chilis. The flavor opens with a big blast of chocolate and moderate espresso with elements of dark toffee and interjecting threads of vanilla with lingering hints of cinnamon and tobacco and chillies notes with a mild scoville heat in the finish.”
-Head Brewer Wayne Wambles
2009 Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting – 1st Place
2010 United States Beer Open Championship – Gold Medal
2010 Best Florida Beer Championship – Gold Medal
2010 Best Florida Beer Championship – 1st Place, Best in Show
2011 United States Open Beer Championship – Gold Medal
2012 Beverage Testing Institute World Beer Championships – Platinum Medal
>> TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT FOR HUNAHPU’S DAY <<
· The fest is from March 14, 2015 from 11:00am-4:00pm at Cigar City Brewing, 3924 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL 33607
· $200 per ticket
· Includes 4 bottles of Hunahpu’s® Imperial Stout (750mL), a meal ticket for food from Cigar City Catering, a bottle tote bag, and access to over 200 beers from 60+ breweries from all over the world.
· Includes branded Hunahpu’s Day® 2015 glass
· Tickets are limited to one per transaction
· The name on the ticket MUST match the name of the fest attendee. If you have a valid ticket but your name doesn’t match, you will be denied entry
· When signing out through TicketFly, the name in the billing field MUST match the name of the attendee. See image below: